Step 1. Determine Your Goals
- What is the bathroom’s current condition?
- If you could only change one thing about your bathroom, what would it be?
- How many people will be using the bathroom?
- Who will be using the bathroom?
- How long will you be using the bathroom?
- What is your budget for the project?
- Can any existing fixtures or cabinets be used?
Step 2–Avoiding Common Mistakes By Planning Ahead
- Underestimating Costs
- Overlooking Limitations
- Miscalculating Capacity
- Letting Small Things Slide
- Disregarding General Design And Decor
- Forgetting The Users
- Making Quick Choices
Step 3–Choosing Your Tub and/or Shower
- Size and Shape
- Built-In Features
- What About Bath Liners
Step 4–The Other Bathroom Elements
- Tub and Shower Enclosures and Doors
- Flooring Types
- Heated Floor
- Bath Accessories
Step 5–Choosing The Right Contractor
- Getting Estimates and finding your connection